Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

associate iPhone with another Library

Our family shares an iMac. I set it up with different accounts for each family member and I associated my iPhone with my user's iTunes library. We gave up on switching accounts and all just share the same user now.

I would like to associate my iPhone with this iTunes library without removing all the content from my phone and starting over. All of the same files my library pointed to should be accessible in this library, both libraries use the same Apple ID for purchases.

Is this possible?

This is the warning I'm trying to get around:

The iPhone “myPhone” is synced with another iTunes library. Do you want to erase this iPhone and sync with this iTunes library?

An iPhone can be synced with only one iTunes library at a time. Erasing and syncing replaces the contents of this iPhone with the contents of this iTunes library.

Posted on May 10, 2013 9:07 PM

2 replies

May 10, 2013 9:19 PM in response to roaminggnome

Thank you. Is it possible to work around this in such a way as to not lose all of my data?

I had the thought that maybe I could I move my iPhone back up file from the other user to this user and restore from it for example?

Or if I synced to iCloud then restored my phone from the new account? This seems reasonable but I've never synced with iCloud so I don't know if that's possible.

associate iPhone with another Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.