Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what to do with swollen iphone battery

I have an IPhone 3GS, no longer in service or under warranty, was just being used occasionally as an MP3 player.

Two days ago, the battery started swelling, it cracked the case open, and the swelling kept getting worse. I pulled the

thing all the way open and have it in a coffee can in my garage for the time being. I have seen any number of similar stories

(mostly complaints) for Iphone 3GS. I am not interested in fixing it or complaining about it. I only want to know

what to do with the thing. I don't want my house to burn up if it explodes. I have not been able to find the answer

at Apple or AT&T.

Posted on May 10, 2013 11:25 PM

1 reply

May 11, 2013 1:05 AM in response to Bumbleball

it does not explode the battery expands thats all it's not a explotion forming

but it will stop working (the battery that is)

a 3th party repair shop could put in a new batt and put a new case on if it was damaged

If you don't want to pay for repair then I would put in a dock if it fit and use it as you say as mp3 player though when the batt dies 100% it will likely stop working even in the dock

what to do with swollen iphone battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.