Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

thunderbolt not recognised by my hard drive!

I have a real problem with thunderbolt. I have a 15" Macbook Pro, OSX 10.8.3, with a thunderbolt portal, but when I plug in an external hard drive with the TB cable, my Macbook doesn't recognise it. The same hard drive is recognised immediately via a USB3 cable. I then tried in stalling the latest Thunderbolt firmware update, but was told that my system wouldn't support the software, even though I appear to meet all the requirements!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on May 10, 2013 11:51 PM

6 replies

Aug 4, 2013 6:59 AM in response to Nancy Black1

HI, I have Imac 27 inch late 2012 with 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7. with osx 10.8.3. Bought Friday WD my thunderbolt drive 6tb but the thunderbolt did not recognize something is connected. disk utility does not seems anything is changing after connecting or disconnecting. System log does not seems to have any change. So I returned to the shop, they call me up, what's wrong with it, they have tried and no issues, at all. Cable issue for sure not, drive issue of course not.

Anny suggestion if it is not working again?

thunderbolt not recognised by my hard drive!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.