Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do Not Disturb is passing all calls to voicemail

I've recently noticed a "new" behavior from my iPhone 5. I call it new because I hadn't noticed it before I installed 6.1.3, and it's still there after upgrading to 6.1.4. I'm noticing that other users have had similar results, and am curious if there's anyone who's having DnD work as it should. Here's the issue:

I've got Do Not Disturb configured to block all calls except my Favorites list after a specified time. Simple enough...I followed Apple's instructions to set it up, and it's not difficult. The phone is passing EVERY call, including those from my Favorites, to voicemail. Nothing gets through DnD...it's great if you really DON'T want to be bothered, but if there were an emergency you wouldn't hear anything at all or even see a notification until it was too late to answer (such as AFTER a voicemail was left).

My phone is simply a 64 Gb iPhone 5 running iOS 6.1.4. No jailbreak or unlock, so nothing out of the ordinary that should cause any problems or make diagnosis difficult.

I've tried changing the DnD time, with no luck. I can change the DnD block/pass list to allow everyone and it works, but that defeats the purpose (at least I know THAT part works). I've tried grouping my contacts and assigning a group other than Favorites for testing, but even that fails. I recently had to do a full restore on the phone to update to 6.1.4, so that's been done as well...it was the same on 6.1.3. I've reset network settings, no change there either. I haven't reseated the SIM, because I've never had a problem receiving calls normally, and disabling DnD returns the phone to normal (indicating that the phone IS actually getting the call, just mishandling it).

So, with that bit of background, does anyone have any clues what I'm missing or not trying that I should be? I'm at a loss on this one. Thanks in advance for any help!

--Mike

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on May 10, 2013 10:01 PM

2 replies

May 10, 2013 10:15 PM in response to WA0ZOG

It sounds like you've done everything right ... and thanks for taking the time and trouble to detail exactly what you have tried. Do Not Disturb should work ...

One simple thing you might try is resetting your iPhone. Hold the on/off and home buttons together for about 10 seconds till the Apple logo appears.

I think you know this already, but please bear in mind DnD requires the iPhone to be locked in order to work.

May 13, 2013 1:06 PM in response to sberman

I had tried resetting the iPhone once before, but in the interest of proper and fair troubleshooting (which I always ask my users to do) I tried it again. Unfortunately, there was no change. 😟

And yes, as you mentioned I'm aware that DnD does require the iPhone to be locked. Mine is locked with a passcode. About the only thing I haven't done is remove the passcode and test it that way. I suppose there's a small chance that a lock code could be the culprit...I haven't tested that miniscule piece of the puzzle, but that's about all I can think of that I haven't tried. The lock code should be able to remain in place, or so I should think, to protect the data while the phone is unprotected and the owner is otherwise occupied checking their eyelids for pinholes.

Thanks for your reply and assistance. I wish it had worked, but at least the fact that someone was willing to offer some potential help was a positive. At this point, I may try testing on other iOS 6.1.x devices I have available to see if their behavior is similar. That may be the next test. If it's repeatable, then it's time for a call to Apple and see what their response is.

Do Not Disturb is passing all calls to voicemail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.