Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TomTom updated v1.14 no working

Since I updated my iPod Touch in April, 29th 2013 TomTom is not working with tomtom Car Kit. It said 'looking for a GPS signal'.

Thank you

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.3, Tom Tom Car Kit

Posted on May 11, 2013 1:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply
3 replies

May 11, 2013 9:49 AM in response to calcuta1

Yes, as someone has said in your link:

'The problem is not with the tom-tom car Kit or the dual external GPS. The problem has to do with iOS 6 privacy settings. I have an iTouch 4 and I been having the same problem with my GPS. I'm using the tom-tom app and the tom-tom car Kit. The solution for getting the GPS working again is. First shut down the tom-tom app or what ever app you're using. Now go to settings And General and then scroll to the bottom and tap reset. Now tap Reset location and privacy. Now load your tom-tom or navigation app And it should prompt you to turn on location service again, Say yes. Now under location services you should see The tom-tom app or the navigation app you were using and slide it to on. Now Your tom-tom app should be working correctly now, But the catch is it's only going to work until another program ask to use local services. It is definitely 100% an error an iOS 6 Privacy settings. I have no idea why it does this but you can reset and it'll work every time.'

But this is an old problem I solved some months ago with this information. Now the problem is coming when I have updated to TomTom v1.14 ten days ago.

TomTom updated v1.14 no working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.