Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I make my iPod default to playing podcasts?

Ever since I got the Podcast app, I've had a problem.

If I stop listening to a podcast and then try to resume later using anything with an autoplay function, my iPod starts playing my songs alphabetically. This manifests itself in two main ways:

1. If I am listening to a podcast, then hit pause to open an app, browse the internet or watch a video. If I lock the screen when I'm done with the video (or whatever), I'll try to resume the podcast pressing the home button twice, hit the play button that comes up on the lock screen. However, when I do that, it plays the first alphabetically listed song.

2. I use a USB cord to connect my iPod to my car stereo. When I pause the podcast, then hook it up to me car stereo, my iPod starts playing the first alphabetically listed song.

Even when I don't have any music "now playing" and am in the middle of a podcast, this happens. I didn't have this problem when podcasts were under Music.

Is there any way I can make iPod default to playing the podcast I'm listening to?

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 6.1.4

Posted on May 11, 2013 1:26 AM

There are no replies.

Can I make my iPod default to playing podcasts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.