Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I back up to Icloud, ipod does not update "last updated" date

I don't know if my ICLoud backup is working. I have the IPod connected to my computer, have ITunes opened and select to manually back up the IPod to ICloud. It appears to be backing up, gives no error message, but the last updated date is still a month ago, not today's date. When I click on "back up to this computer", it says last backup to the computer was today, even though I hadn't specified backing up to the computer. What is going on?

iPod touch, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on May 11, 2013 8:36 AM

4 replies

May 11, 2013 11:28 AM in response to lllaass

It was syncing, but did not sync to ICloud, even though I had that selected. It also did not sync when I manually asked it to back up to ICloud from ITunes. It was as if I had "Back up to the Computer" selected, even though that was not what was selected. I finally got it to back up to the Cloud by going to the IPod directly and manually selecting "back up now" from the menu on the IPod itself rather than from ITunes. I'm wondering why it isn't backing up from ITunes when I sync.

May 11, 2013 3:34 PM in response to JoA59

You said " but did not sync to ICloud," You do not sync to iCloud.

Yu said "I'm wondering why it isn't backing up from ITunes when I sync.". When you sync with iTunes ithat has not effect on backing up to iCloud.

If you have the iPod settings set to backup to iCloud, the iPod will automatically backup to iCloud when the iPod is charging and wifi is available. As you did, you can also manually backup to iCloud in the iPod's settings.

May 11, 2013 4:38 PM in response to lllaass

I didn't mean sync to I cloud..I meant backup to iCloud (a mistype). I had that option selected and yet it did not back up to iCloud but to my computer. It seems there is a bug in IOS 6 which is not picking up the correct selection. It did not automatically backup to iCloud as you said it should. I have the latest version of iOS 6.

When I back up to Icloud, ipod does not update "last updated" date

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.