Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding Additional IPs to Existing Ethernet Interface

This is pretty straight forward, I just want to run through and verify the process before I do it, since my server lives in a data center across the country.

I'm currently hosting all of my websites on the same IP. I want to host two of the more popular ones on their own unique IP for several technical reasons. Configuring apache for this is easy, but I just want to verify how to add the second and third IPs to the system itself.

Is it a simple matter of clicking the [+] button (in System Prefs > Network ) and adding a new interface, on the same physical interface "Ethernet 1"? So I'd have 2, then 3 "Ethernet 1"s, each with a unique static IP? And these will all run in parallel without any issues? (assume they are all properly provisioned from my data center of course)

Xserve, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 8 x 3.0 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Early 2008

Posted on May 11, 2013 8:46 AM

There are no replies.

Adding Additional IPs to Existing Ethernet Interface

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.