Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trouble exporting

I'm having some problems exporting from FCP7. I shot footage on a DSLR camera after editing, I play back the sequence and everything is fine. When i export to quicktime movie, it flickers green at some points, pixelates at others, but it sounds fine. I tried making different sequences, i tested one without text, one without slug, it was less glitchy, but I still had the same problem. I then moved the video files, audio files and fc project off of my external hard drive and put it on my internal hard drive, exported it to quicktime onto my internal HD and still same problem. I tried exporting with my 1tb firewire 800 HD still the same problem. It is really frusterating and all my troubleshooting is getting me no where. Do you think bringing the footage into premiere and starting over would be my only option or do you think there is a simpler solution? HELP?

Final Cut Pro 7

Posted on May 11, 2013 6:01 PM

8 replies

May 11, 2013 6:39 PM in response to kgmashikian

In your FCP Browser, click on a source clip, and once selected, type Command + to see the item properties for the clip. Either report those properties here, or take a screen shot and post that here.

Next, click anywhere on your timeline and type Command + 0 {zero} to see your sequence settings. Either report those sequence settings here, or take a screen shot and post that here.

Are your source clips in H.264? They need to be converted to ProRes prior to editing in FCP.

You can edit them without conversion in recent versions of Premiere.

When you export from the timeline, are you doing any conversion or transcoding?

MtD

trouble exporting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.