Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i am noticing a painterly effect at the pixel level

Ok, I am noticing some kind of Filter being applied to my raw images, before any kind of editing has been done. it looks like a median filter. grain seems to be totally wiped out. this is from a mountain shot... could it be some filter that i never noticed being applied automatically for noise reduction? i have seen my images pop up before and i would notice a hot pixel on my camera, and then in a split second aperture has automatically taken care of that hot pixel and i can no longer find it.

or maybe is this like a heat wave type of thing that people only see on top of mountains?

If it is filtering my images, is there a way to disable it?

User uploaded file

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on May 11, 2013 6:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2013 10:23 PM

What is your Aperture version?

The only filters that are applied automatically, before any editing is done, are the Raw Fine Tuning filters. These filters are not in the default set. You can reveal them from the "Add Adjustment" drop down. I'd check the "Moire" and "De noise" settings. You may want to add a camera default when you have found the optimal settings for your camera. For Aperture 3.4.4 the raw fine tuning looks like this:

User uploaded file

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2013 10:23 PM in response to graigsmith

What is your Aperture version?

The only filters that are applied automatically, before any editing is done, are the Raw Fine Tuning filters. These filters are not in the default set. You can reveal them from the "Add Adjustment" drop down. I'd check the "Moire" and "De noise" settings. You may want to add a camera default when you have found the optimal settings for your camera. For Aperture 3.4.4 the raw fine tuning looks like this:

User uploaded file

i am noticing a painterly effect at the pixel level

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.