Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 5 (6.0.1) has completely frozen. I received the following message: "Not Enough Storage. This iPhone cannot be backed up because there is not enough iCloud storage available. You can manage your storage in Settings." BUT Settings button FROZE! PJ

My iPhone 5 (6.0.1) has completely frozen. I received the following message: "Not Enough Storage. This iPhone cannot be backed up because there is not enough iCloud storage available. You can manage your storage in Settings." BUT Settings button is FROZEN and so is the CLOSE. Nothing responds -- I cannot turn the phone on or off. HELP please.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on May 11, 2013 4:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2013 4:18 PM

Hold the sleep/wake and home buttons together until you see the Apple logo and then release. The phone should restart. This will have no affect on your data.

9 replies

May 22, 2015 9:05 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

could you describe the 'sleep' , 'wake' buttons. Are they the two on the side? I should add, I'm not completely frozen but I cannot seem to change storage on some items such as my photos and it does freeze in that section as well. I did back up my photos, etc. with a Sandisk product and then delete a lot of my photos on the phone as well as other items on my phone to free up storage. I am even willing to pay the .99 for better performance but can't seem to do that.

Thanks.

May 22, 2015 9:19 AM in response to Marandzoe

The sleep/wake button is also described by some as the power button. Depending on what model of the iPhone you have, it is located either at the top of the device, or in the case of the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, it is on the side. Besides, I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to do, since you have added to a 2-year old thread and have not really described your problem or what steps you have taken to correct it.

May 22, 2015 11:58 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Chris. Thank you. I have more than one problem with my Iphone5. It continuously tells me I do not have enough storage to take a picture or do an upgrade. I went to ITunes to try it and it says I need more storage on my phone. I deleted a lot of photos and a few other things but it does not free up any storage and I cannot take any photos. When I try to increase my storage or go to managing it, I cannot activate the amount alongside any of the titles. I would gladly pay for more storage.

My iPhone 5 (6.0.1) has completely frozen. I received the following message: "Not Enough Storage. This iPhone cannot be backed up because there is not enough iCloud storage available. You can manage your storage in Settings." BUT Settings button FROZE! PJ

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.