Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

songs on the cloud will not play

Some of my music that are on my Itunes is on the cloud and greyed out which is preventing the songs from playing. I'm not able to download any of these songs even though the songs are showing up in my library. Any suggestions on how I can get these songs to play?

Posted on May 11, 2013 10:05 PM

1 reply

May 14, 2013 7:16 AM in response to charfromwa

Hey there charfromwa!

If I am understanding your question correctly, then I believe I have an article that will help you fix this issue with your iTunes Match service. The article is all about troubleshooting iTunes Match issues, and can be found here:

iTunes Store: Troubleshooting iTunes Match

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts4054

It sounds like you are having issues playing songs, so this part of the article will be most appropriate for you to start out with:

If you are unable to download a song, play a song, or access songs from iTunes Match

Make sure you have an active Internet connection

Be sure your computer or device has an active Internet connection by loading a webpage using Safari or another web browser.

On an iOS device with cellular support, if you are not on a Wi-Fi network, try enabling 3G cellular data1 for iTunes Match.

• For iOS 6, tap Settings > iTunes & App Stores > Use Cellular Data > On
  • For iOS 5.1.1 or earlier, tap Settings > iTunes & App Store > Use Cellular Data > On

1Fees may be associated with downloading over cellular networks; contact your wireless carrier for details. Check iTunes viewing optionsMake sure that your iTunes viewing options are properly set. Choose View > View Options and enable "iCloud Download". A download button will be visible next to songs available for download from iCloud.

User uploaded file

Make sure iTunes Match is turned on.See this article for information about turning on or adding a computer or device to iTunes Match.If iTunes Match is already enabled on your computer or device, try turning iTunes Match off and then on again.

• On your Mac, while pressing the option key, choose Store > Turn Off iTunes Match. Turn iTunes Match on again by selecting Store > Turn On iTunes Match.
  • On your PC, while pressing the shift key, choose Store > Turn Off iTunes Match. Turn iTunes Match on again by selecting Store > Turn On iTunes Match.
  • On your iOS device tap Settings > Music > iTunes Match Off, then Settings > Music > iTunes Match On.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

Cheers,

Braden

songs on the cloud will not play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.