Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My wireless usb mouse freezes or gets stuck on right click/drag

My wireless usb mouse has been getting stuck on right click and/or drag, or the right click just freezes and becomes unusable. Sometimes, my mouse jumps erratically and opens anything that the arrow crosses. I can't use my trackpad because it's broken, but the trackpad itself isn't causing any problems. My system preferences for mouse and trackpad are all fine. My bluetooth is turned off in accordance with the recommendations of people having similar problems. My anti-virus programs don't detect a macro virus or any other problems. Only restarting in safe mode temporarily solves the problem. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Some people have suggested this may be caused by a swollen battery. However, my laptop is a somewhat more recent model and I don't have a portable/removable battery, so I can't solve the problem by taking it out and back in as some people have. Other suggestions?

Thanks!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 11, 2013 11:14 PM

1 reply

My wireless usb mouse freezes or gets stuck on right click/drag

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.