Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printer for Mac

Hey guys, I am trying to establish what the best HP color printer will be for what I need.

I have already checked all the reviews on the HP site, and I have not been able to figure out which is the best. I want to find out from anyone on this forum that uses HP printer with their mac.

First thing I want to know, is if a Inkjet or a LaserJet printer would be better for what I need.

Here is what I will be using it for:

1. I have to print up to 50 pages in color a week.

2. It does not have to be photo quality print jobs. Just good enough so it is presentable.

3. It can't break down in a month.

Thanks. I hope there are mac users out there that can recommend a good printer.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on May 11, 2013 9:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2013 1:55 PM

Are you wanting the printer to be wireless, hardwired, or either?

About what price range are you looking at?

I am a printer tech for HP.

7 replies

May 15, 2013 11:37 AM in response to pjdube

Here are a few different options.

First the LaserJets. Suggested HP Laserjet Printer. These are the best bet in my opinion. They are stable, fast, and have the least moving parts. They also will save you money as toner doesn't expire like ink can. It costs more up front, but these things typically last a long time. I know of people who still have LaserJet printers from the early 90's that they still use.

Lastly the OfficeJets. Suggested HP OfficeJet Printers. These are the second best option. You get a multifunction, but it's an inkjet printer. Inkjet printers tend to last only a few years before they need to be replaced, and the ink on them can get pricey. The upside is that they come loaded with features that are hard to find in a LaserJet of the same price. They are also a bit more user friendly to setup and maintain.

These are all just my opinion from what I've observed, and from pricing information that I can find. It's mostly based off my own experiances, and I have no data to back it up. These are my opinions and not those of HP.

I am a printer tech for HP.

Jan 31, 2014 12:28 PM in response to pjdube

I am using an HP6500A Officjet connected to my iMac OSX 10.9.1. I am getting an error message:

"Paper size mismatch

The paper size detected by the printer sensor does not match the paper size selected in software."

I have deleted the printer in Printers and Scanners - reset printing system - re-listed it - pulled plug on printer - restarted computer - ran disk utility -

Printer for Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.