Previous 1 2 Next 25 Replies Latest reply: Dec 1, 2015 12:27 AM by marioalv
oskarito2012 Level 1 (0 points)

I have an iPhone 5 on 6.1.4. it got stuck on searching for signal. I removed the SIM card and restarted, it didn't recognize that there is no SIM installed. Any ideas?? ive tried hard reset , network reset. still nothing . Thanks

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), MacBook Pro 13.3 mid 2010 7.1
  • chattphotos Level 4 (2,195 points)

That is odd... but it seems like it's stuck in CDMA Mode. I have seen the same thing happen on my iPhone 4S whenever I change SIM cards as I cross the Austria-Swiss border.

There seems to be an iOS bug in the 6.1.X Framework that the radio switching API gets confused with the SIM swap.

I have to flip the phone into Airplane mode, wait about 5-10 seconds, and then the phone will revert back to GSM mode.

Have you called Apple?

Are you in the USA or Europe?

• oskarito2012 Level 1 (0 points)

I was tried to put in airplain mode etc. ive tried everything , nothing happens. Im in UK

Strange, take it to your carrier or call Apple.

• Aibek888 Level 1 (0 points)

So how did you solve it?i have the same problem

• aatmayudha Level 1 (0 points)

Hello.

I have the same problem. My iphone 5 stuck in searching for signal.

How do you solve it?

I have tried turn on airplane mode then turn off again, switching off iphone and switching on again, and also Reset Network Settings. However, those are can't fix my iphone.

Thanks.

• PCMACX Level 1 (35 points)

Is your iPhone unlocked for all carriers ?

Yes, it is unlocked I think.

Actually, i did not change the sim card. I bought the iphone from operator that is the same as the sim card operator.

Try this ..

Just Follow Some Steps Are :

>> Firstly You Need To Tap On The Setting

>> Than Open The General Option

>> Than Open The Reset Option >> Restore All

>> After That Restore The iPhone Fully

>> After That Make The Setting For The iPhone

>> And Select The Automatically Detect The Signal Of The SIM

>> Than Your Mobile Start The Working Properly Without Any Issue.

I Hope That Info Is Usefully

Ok. PCMACX, I will try and will update in this forum also after I do some steps above.

Thank you.

I couldn't reply to PCMACX as I was flying over London.

The method described is inacurate, half of the stuff isn't even on the iPhone...

There is no "Restore All" button on the iPhone, nor "Automatically Detect The Signal Of The SIM"

Plus, this step makes no sense, "After That Make The Setting For The iPhone"

What you really need to do is to talk to your carrier if you have no service. But first, backup and reset your phone to factory fresh (Settings > General > Reset > Erase all content and  settings)

I found that in a forum !

I will search for more informacion !

If i found i will post here!

Srry

pcmacx

See here!

http://thinkios.com/forum/iphone-5-got-stuck-searching-signal-315.html

If you can´t do this is a hardware problem !

Apple said that is an Hardware problem ...

"

I have the same problem. Sprint is my provider. They had me reset network. I could only connect to my wireless at home but once out of the house, phone is back to Searching mode. I couldn`t even get calls or make calls, text or receive ..no service at all. Apple had me reset completely. Same problem. Tried this 3 times today. Still in searching. Apple has now scedule me to return my phone to Apple store (1 1/2 hrs from my home) and get a replacement phone but only after making an appt with the store. They say its a hard ware problem.

Read more: Why is my iphone stuck in searching mode? - I went to the movies so i turned off my iphone. when the movie was over i turned it back on and it was in "searching" mode. after a while it still didnt find my service so i turned it off and i turned it back on. and still no. i restarted it and its still "searching"  at http://www.askmefast.com/Why_is_my_iphone_stuck_in_searching_mode-qna1439457.htm l#q2154509

Hi,

In iphone, I have tried to "Erase all Network and Settings". But, it does not give any effects. The signal is stuck in searching mode.

Then, I decided to bring my iphone to Apple iPhone service center.

• sdroid Level 1 (0 points)

FWIW, I had this problem today with an iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.4.  Selecting "Settings | General | Reset | Reset Network Settings" fixed the issue for me.

Previous 1 2 Next