Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video APP freeze when play videos from Home sharing iTunes

I have a Wifi iPad 3, with iOS 6.1.3 firmware.

iTunes 11.0.2 on a Old Macbook pro

If I copy the video to iPad it would be perfect. But I don't want to.

I want to stream from my computer.

Homesharing works fine with some lag of cover picture sync but you can play it in video app anyway

but as it plays, the video app will freeze at the backgroud. but the video still playing. but you'll never recall the menu with a finger tap.

If you play the video with subtitle the subtitle will freeze as well. but the video is still playing you can't pause it until you try to kill the video app twice.

by the way, stream video from itunes to Apple TV is perfect for me.

I wounder if this is a common problem or not?

iPad, iOS 6.1.3, iPad 3 white wifi 16G

Posted on May 12, 2013 5:38 AM

7 replies

May 24, 2013 2:55 AM in response to Beterhans Pan

I have the exact same problem and have filed a bug report on it at least 8 months ago. Doesn't seem to be fixed yet, I have stopped using Home Sharing because of it...

I noticed my Shared library was all messed up after the crash (shows in the movies section, randomly ordered, missing videos, ...). After disabling Home Sharing in Settings, and re-enabling it, it works fine for a while. But then it happens all over again.

Dec 25, 2013 2:56 PM in response to Beterhans Pan

I have exactly the same problem with my MBPR and iPhone 4.

I have an Asus WL-500W router and it provides real 8-10Mb/s between my wireless devices. Maximum bitrate of my HD movie is approx 15Mbit/s, so it should plays perfectly. But it does not.

First, I copied the movie to iPhone. Locally it plays great. Then I started homesharing on my MBPR and iPhone began to lag. Also I was try iPad mini 1st gen and noticed that the movie played with less lags.

I really have no idea about this… (

Video APP freeze when play videos from Home sharing iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.