Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

payment method declined!!

i have a visa debit card, when i try to fill in with my payment info it show "your payment method was declined " what should i do now???

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1

Posted on May 12, 2013 7:07 AM

9 replies

May 12, 2013 7:57 AM in response to Juzer kandivali

All I know is that a lot of people have posted recently about their debit cards not being accepted, and they are not listed on the age that I linked to :

• Credit cards
  • iTunes Cards
  • iTunes Store Gift Certificates
  • Content Codes
  • Store credit (including Allowance Account balances)
  • ClickandBuy
  • PayPal

You could try contacting iTunes Support and see what they say.

May 13, 2013 12:04 PM in response to Juzer kandivali

Its an iTunes problem - NOT your credit card.

I have the same problem. But 15 minutes ago I succesfully purchased an item from http://store.apple.com/dk using same credit card. I can also update billing info in the store. This is online using Safari of course.

But in iTunes and on my iPhone the problem is unsolved: I cannot use iTunes Store or App Store.

May 14, 2013 1:28 AM in response to varjak paw

Sorry?

I am not assuming.

Fact is that before May 8th. 2013 my credit card worked fine in iTunes, App Store, store.apple.com/dk (danish store - danish credit card), other online shops and of course in physical shops and ATMs.

Fact is that today it works everywhere ECCEPT iTunes and App store.

Fact is that there are thousands of people with the same problem, and we waste a lot of time because we are told that it´s the card - not Apple.

Of course I know they are all different stores. And all owned by Apple.

But Apple Support keep telling me and others that its the credit card or something with countries and that we should talk to our banks...

That´s why I checked if my card worked on store.apple.com/dk - it works fine, I can edit my credit card details and puchase with the card.

payment method declined!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.