Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NEED HELP ASAP! PLEASE

Hi guys. My iphone 3gs digitizer wasnt completely functional because some parts of it didnt respon to touch, so I decided to replace it myself since there are no apple stores around where I live. I bought a digitizer set with home button and speaker etc. So only thing I had to do was to unplug 1,2,3 connectors , remove the lcd from old digitizer, and place it in the new digitizer. I did that succesfully, but when I tried to reconect everything, a problem occured. I accidentally ruined lcd flex cable so the lcd cannot be connected to the logicboard. Logic board is fine, but the flex cable is messed up and I need to buy a new lcd. I connected #3 and #2 connectors to their place on the motherboard and left the #1 connector unpluged because it cant be plugged in. I powered on my phone, and noticed that the screen was black ( as expected ), and another problem occured which was that my phone could not respond to touch. I can receive calls ( i plug my headphones and use the button to answer call and then unplug them and I can hear the voice on the other side of the speaker so that means that i plugged #3 connector correctly ) I tried reconnecting #2 cable and I know its plugged correctly in the motherboard but the phone is still not responding to touch. I tried a hard reset, and it didnt help. I dont want to restore my phone because I wont be able to activate my phone and wont be able to receive calls. SO IS MY #2 CONNECTOR RUINED ON THE LOGIC BOARD OR THE LCD NEEDS TO BE PLUGGED IN IN ORDER FOR DIGITIZER TO WORK? help please ( i tried with an another digitizer and the same lcd and have the same problem, help me please

iPhone 3GS, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on May 12, 2013 6:24 AM

7 replies

May 12, 2013 7:27 AM in response to Ralph Landry1

I know, all of that mate. I need to buy a new lcd and replace it myself, but I was just worried because my new digitizer wasnt working also. I was just scared because I thought that something is wrong with the new digitizer too, and that I would have to replace it also. Cables #2 and #3 are connected properly on my 3gs logic board, and #1 is not connected at all, and that is the reason my digitizer is not working? because of that cable #1 ( lcd cable ) which is not plugged in? when I buy the new lcd and put it on that digitizer and connect all 3 cables on motherboard, everything should work alright? I dont want to buy a new lcd, put it on that digitizer, connect cables to logic board, assemble iphone, and then find out that the touch screen digitizer is not working. please help mate

NEED HELP ASAP! PLEASE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.