Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to install windows 7 on Imac late 2009 using Vmware/Vbox

Hey guys. Here's the thing. I've installed Windows 8 on my imac late 2009 but then i realized that there's no bootcamp drivers for it (check image).

User uploaded file User uploaded file

everything works fine except for the video drivers that crash everytime when i install any driver (bootcamp or manually).

So I've searched on many forums n i found a guy that could do that by using Vmware/Virtualbox by accessing the full disk n installing it from there.

Here's what we wrote -> (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1526883)

"Thanks for the suggestions, but installing from usb wasn't working, and refit didn't recognise the external dvd drive too (it was in the list, but when i tried to load it i got an error).

But i found a solution, not usual procedure but still good and easy to do.

I installed virtualbox, created a virtual machine with the full disk access (you'll have to unmount all the partitions first and run virtualbox as root), started installing windows, when the copy of the files ended and the vm was rebooting i simply closed it and rebooted my imac and finished the installation directly on the imac, everything went well...

Thanks again for the help"

Important notes :

- My superdrive is broken

- I can't boot efi windows 7 (cause it needs efi 2.0)

User uploaded file

So i might ask u 2 things..

1- Is there a way that i can install all those drivers on windows 8.

2- Can u describe how he did that with Vmware/Virtualbox?

iMac, Windows 8

Posted on May 12, 2013 8:18 AM

5 replies

How to install windows 7 on Imac late 2009 using Vmware/Vbox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.