Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you recover deleted text messages?

I've seen many posts about recovering deleted text messages. I was wondering if anyone has ever successfully recovered deleted text messages and how they did it. I am looking to retrieve messages that I've seen in spotlight but have deleted and now want them back.

Also, I have seen posts about recovery software, however, has anyone successfully used any of these types of softwares, are they safe?

I have an iPhone 4S.

iPhone 4S

Posted on May 12, 2013 9:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2013 8:25 PM

If the messages exist in the backup, then they can definitely be recovered. Now there are 3 things you can do:-

1 - Goto Apple Genius bar and see if they can help

2 - Restore from the backup:- This will get you all the messages you want, but will wipe out everything that came into your phone since the backup date

3 - Get a backup recovery software:- I have used iPhone SMS recovery software and would definitely recommend it. There are other options though, like the one Daiya has suggested, but they are just too expensive. It does the exact same thing for much less.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2013 8:25 PM in response to bnicole4

If the messages exist in the backup, then they can definitely be recovered. Now there are 3 things you can do:-

1 - Goto Apple Genius bar and see if they can help

2 - Restore from the backup:- This will get you all the messages you want, but will wipe out everything that came into your phone since the backup date

3 - Get a backup recovery software:- I have used iPhone SMS recovery software and would definitely recommend it. There are other options though, like the one Daiya has suggested, but they are just too expensive. It does the exact same thing for much less.

Dec 10, 2014 3:36 AM in response to bnicole4

Yea it is possible. You can only get deleted text messages if you had backed up your iPhone to iTunes or iCloud BEFORE you deleted the message.

To get it back you need to 1. iPhone restore with iTunes. 2. iPhone restore with iCloud 3. Find an online Tutorial

Other than that you have to find third part software that can get deleted texts back, see if they offer support etc. Ive heard of a few but never used them.

Can you recover deleted text messages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.