Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My thunderbold firmware update 1.2 (2013) keeps popping up in App store - even though I installed it already ....

The subject says it.

I already installed the update but it keeps poping up.

What can I do to shut it up ?

Or didn't I install it properly ?

One thing to note - I installed the update on battery power only (even though not recommendet I know).

But the screen went grey like it says in the instructions etc.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Michi

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on May 12, 2013 11:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2013 12:29 PM

Hello michihauer,

The system will, indeed, need to be connected to a power source for the update to actually install. The grey screen was likely an attempt to install the update that was abandoned as soon as the system identified that it was not connected to an external power source.

Thunderbolt Firmware Update v1.2

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1653

Do not disturb or shut off the power on your computer during this update. Note: Your computer must be plugged into AC power for the update to install.

All the best,

Allen

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2013 12:29 PM in response to michihauer

Hello michihauer,

The system will, indeed, need to be connected to a power source for the update to actually install. The grey screen was likely an attempt to install the update that was abandoned as soon as the system identified that it was not connected to an external power source.

Thunderbolt Firmware Update v1.2

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1653

Do not disturb or shut off the power on your computer during this update. Note: Your computer must be plugged into AC power for the update to install.

All the best,

Allen

My thunderbold firmware update 1.2 (2013) keeps popping up in App store - even though I installed it already ....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.