Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cue sheets

Is there a way using FCP to print up what they used to call "cue sheets" when mixes were done on mag and dinosaurs roamed the Earth?

I'm not talking about music cue sheets. I mean a graphical printout (on paper) of the timeline. Something you can hold in your hand and make notes on.

It doesn't seem to be a built-in function, but maybe someone has worked up a handy utility to do this? Something a little easier than taking dozens of screenshots?

G5 Tower, Mac OS X (10.4.2)

Posted on May 31, 2006 3:00 AM

9 replies

May 31, 2006 7:45 AM in response to Jim Cookman

Well at least somebody knows what I'm talking about. I don't miss it one bit, but I do think it's handy to have a cue sheet. You can write notation to yourself during the audio editing that will help the mix go faster.

We're doing our audio editing in FCP since we don't really gain anything by doing it in Pro Tools. Would Pro Tools have this kind of functionality? Or do the kids these days just not worry about it since the mixer can see everything on the computer screen?

Jun 5, 2006 8:42 PM in response to Kyle Gilman

Missed this thread originally (my silly mistake - dinosaur grey matter?) but just read through it. Yes - basically that's what I want - an old fashioned cue sheet ptintout to put in my project file. To be able to print out the timeline would probably be my greatest wish in FCP.(At the TV station I worked at they were called "dubb charts").

Regards. Robert.

Jun 26, 2006 9:54 AM in response to Robert Downunder

I decided to make my own PHP script to do cue sheets. It works fairly well although I'm relying on web browsers to render the whole thing so it's a little dodgy. Right now I'm mostly happy with the way it looks in Safari although Safari doesn't print <THEAD>s on every page so it only has a header on the first page. Firefox will print the header on every page, but doesn't print
s with absolute positioning after the first page. It's amazing what browsers can't do when you try to print.

Anyway, you can see an example here. http://www.15framespersecond.com/cue_sheet/?file=Reel%205.xml

If there are more dinosaurs like me and Robert out there, I'll probably develop this further so you can upload your own XML files. But so far it seems like there's not much interest.

Robert, if you're still looking for a solution, email me and I'll set it up for you.

Cue sheets

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.