Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto problems

When i plug my iphone into my imac for the first time it only shows up pictures from my camera roll and not pictures from other folders?

I want to import all pictures from my iphone?

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), iOS 6.1.4

Posted on May 12, 2013 2:19 PM

1 reply

May 13, 2013 7:20 AM in response to danielledresou

When i plug my iphone into my imac for the first time it only shows up pictures from my camera roll and not pictures from other folders?

That is how importing from the iPhone works. You can only import the content of the camera roll, when you connect your iPhone to your mac. If you want to import other photos, you have to save them to the camera roll first.

If you have iPhoto for IOS on your iPhone, you can save your photos to iTunes :

Save photos to your computer using iTunes

• Connect your iOS device to your computer.
  • Select a photo, album, event, or journal and tap > iTunes.
  • If you selected an album or event, confirm or change the photos you want to share:
    • Select all the photos in an album or event: Tap All.
    • Select a range of photos: Tap Choose Photos, tap Range, tap the first and last photos in the range, and tap Next.

• In iTunes, select your device (below Devices) and click Apps at the top of the window.
  • Below File Sharing, select iPhoto (in Apps).
  • Select the Shared Photos folder under iPhoto Documents.
  • Click "Save To" and select the location on your computer where you want to save the photos.

To view your photos, go to the Finder and look in the location you selected above.

Regards

Léonie

iPhoto problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.