Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My fingers have a burning sensation while using track pad. Is there a reduce-friction coating that could have worn off?

I have recently been getting a burning sensation, as if my finger tips are rubbed raw, while using my track pad. I have been using my MacBook Pro for two years now. I am wondering if the track pads have a special coating on them to help reduce friction? If there is a friction reducing coating I think it could have worn off over the years of use. Maybe my fingers have more oils/sweat than most people, which would cause a coating to wear off faster. I stopped using it for some weeks hoping maybe my fingers were sore from something else. But that was not the case. The burning feeling to my finger tips starts within the first five minutes of using the track pad.

Please let me know if you know anything about Apple using a special coating on the track pad.

Thanks

Its a MacBook Pro 13-inch Mid 2010

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), 13-inch Mid 2010

Posted on May 12, 2013 4:15 PM

7 replies

Mar 30, 2015 10:04 PM in response to corbybuckels

I have no different issue. Recently I bought MacBook Pro with retina display ang iPhone 6 plus. I have a burning sensation while using mac track pad. it becomes intense shortly using track pad and I cannot work.

The problem is same while using my iphone 6 plus. If it is an allergy to mixing of some metal with aluminium(as some of you have mentioned) it should not be a problem with iphone, but i have the same burning issue with using phone as well.

My fingers have a burning sensation while using track pad. Is there a reduce-friction coating that could have worn off?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.