Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3th. gen apple TV with 5.2.1 and mac mini with 10.8.3, only black screen on TV after selecting Apple TV on the airplay icon. how to troubleshoot?

I have a 3th Gen Apple TV and a late 2012 mac mini with IOS 10.8.3

- Connected thru HDMI to an ASUS monitor

- Apple tv connected with wire

- Mac Mini connected wireless.

- I can see the Airplay icon on the screen

- I can select my apple TV on the icon pull-down menu (first time it asked me for apple TV password)

- Once selected, my monitor resolution changes and apple TV goes to a blank screen. On the pull-down menu, my apple TV papears selected and the option "match desktop size to:" is selected for my Apple TV.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot?

Additional Info:

- I can stream from iTunes music with no problem

- From an Air (on same wireless network) I can mirror my display. And form iPad and iPhone I can stream video and music.

Apple TV, IOS 5.2.1

Posted on May 12, 2013 7:42 PM

1 reply

3th. gen apple TV with 5.2.1 and mac mini with 10.8.3, only black screen on TV after selecting Apple TV on the airplay icon. how to troubleshoot?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.