Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I print alphabet letters that are larger than 1 page?

I need to print letters that are larger than 1 sheet of paper. How do I print across multiple pages?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 12, 2013 5:03 PM

6 replies

May 12, 2013 5:26 PM in response to sylviamom

To start with, turn ethe letter into a pdf graphic by typing it in a text box, copyig the text box, switching to Preview.app go command n (new) and save as a pdf file.

Copy that back or Drag and Drop that back into Pages where you can enlarge it as much as you want.

To have it spread across mutiple pages, duplicate it and accurately position it to partly appear on the adjacent pages using the Metrics Inspector.

Peter

May 12, 2013 6:54 PM in response to sylviamom

User uploaded file is another application.

You should see it on the Dock, in Mission Control or be able to open it by typing Preview in Spotlight.

It usually is the application that opens when you click on any image file or pdf.

Just follow my instructions, copy and paste or drag and drop from Finder.

You don't open the pdf, opening is for .pages, .doc, rtf or txt files that Pages can open as word processing files.

You can alternatively:

Menu > Insert > Choose… > browse to your pdf

But the other methods are faster and easier.

Peter

May 12, 2013 7:13 PM in response to sylviamom

Similar to Peter's advice. Same as far as producing the enlarged letter (Use Preview), but pasted int Numbers, where it's not necessary to make duplicates in order to spread the letter(s) across several (printed) pages.

Here's a single G, elarged to to run into four pages, and placed on a Numbers sheet from which th default table has been removed. For the screen shot, the document wa reduced to a viewing scale of 25%. Each of the grey rectangles ould print as a full 8.5 x 11" US Letter sized page.

User uploaded file

Regards,

Barry

May 12, 2013 7:19 PM in response to sylviamom

There's also a $5 app that will auotmaticall do the hard work for you:

MindCad Tiler

This application will open and print PDF images on multiple sheets of paper. Add or subtract rows and columns using the toolbar icons. The image size will be automatically adjusted. The paper orientation can also be toggled using the toolbar.

The image can be automatically sized to either the paper dimensions, or the printable area. Again, use the appropriate toolbar icon to choose.

Check it out here: http://mindcad.com./tiler.html

Walt

How can I print alphabet letters that are larger than 1 page?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.