No, I've tested different setups with primary and secondary setups and they failed both.
On top the next test cases:
1. BenQ on HDMI + Dell on DVI - FAILURE (only Dell displays OSX wallpaper but than it switches off the screen a view seconds later - no HDMI connection and BenQ has not been reqognized - mmh)
2. Dell on DVI + BenQ on HDMI - FAILURE (only Dell displays OSX login but BenQ has not been detected again - I must switch off and switch on again),
3. BenQ on HDMI + Dell disconnected - partially a failure. I have to switch on the monitor and than i must press keyboard / mouse to wake up the MacMini.
4. BenQ on DVI + Dell disconnected - OK
5. Dell on DVI + BenQ disconnected - OK
My personal quess looks like an issue with the different frequences on the 2 monitors and the drivers on the 2 interfaces working on HDMI and DVI. Maybe a timing problem in syncing and to wake up the devices?
BenQ: 1920 * 1080 with 50Hz
Dell: 1280 * 1024 with 60Hz.
In case the Monitor has not been detected on HDMI within a specific time (10 seconds) the MacMini goes back to sleep.
Whats your opinion?
Message was edited by: Monopoly36