Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to play ipod with IOS 6 through iBridge and Russound CAV 6.6

Hi

I have a Russound CAV 6.6 with on wall contollers and an iBridge Dock to play my iphone and kids ipod through it.

When I plug my ipod touch into the iBridge dock it plays and the wall controller works Ok for a minute or so. The music then stops and the ipod displays "This accessory is not supported by ipod touch". See picture attached. having pressed OK, I can then only control the music/tracks directly on the ipod.

This problem has only become appartent since I updated to IOS 6. The same thing happens when my Mrs plugs her iphone 4S, with IOS 6, in too.

When I plug my iPhone 3GS into the Ibridge it plays OK. I still have IOS 5 on it.

I'm thus lougth to update my iphone as it wont allow me to control the music wth the wall controllers.

Any thoughts on how to resolve this would be hugely appreciated.

THANKS!! 🙂User uploaded file

iPod touch

Posted on May 13, 2013 7:15 AM

1 reply

May 13, 2013 8:37 AM in response to a1cookie

- Reset the dock

- Go to the dock manufacturer's support site for help and see if they say it is compatible with iOS 6. Some users have reported that iOS 6 broke compatibility with their dock. Maybe there is a firmware update available for your dock

- Sometimes this works

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem you will have to wait for an update to either the dock or iPod.

Unable to play ipod with IOS 6 through iBridge and Russound CAV 6.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.