Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot print -- random text & blank pages when printing -- HP Color Laserjet 3600N

Apple Support Community,

I'm having some trouble connecting my computer and printer via a network connection. The printer functions fine among other computers (Mac, PC) connected via a network connection, but one particular MacBook is giving me trouble.

I can get the printer and laptop to connect, however when I try to print, it gets buggy on me. Usually it will print a page with some random text, followed by an excess amount of blank pages, then another page with text similar to the first. The text usually has information including font types and other formatting data, but not what was "printed."

I have tried to update the printer drivers, but I cannot get the printer utility to utalize them. After installing the most recent drivers, it will continue to suggest the generic laser printer drivers (1.0 verison), or I can choose other printer drivers (including "base" 3000 model drivers), but the 3600N drivers are not avalible on the list. Both the generic drivers and the HP drivers give me the random text upon printouts.

The laptop is a MacBook Pro with 10.6.

What is the best course of action to remedy the printer problem?

Thanks!

Jel.

HP Color LaserJet 3600N-OTHER, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on May 13, 2013 10:09 AM

There are no replies.

Cannot print -- random text & blank pages when printing -- HP Color Laserjet 3600N

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.