Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i move calendars off iCloud onto my mac?

I created a new account on a work computer, which imported all of my contacts and calendars onto the work computer.

However, now all of the pre-existing work calendars are on my icloud and cannot be moved back onto the mac.

How do I get the calendars back onto my mac and off icloud??

Posted on May 13, 2013 11:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2017 2:41 PM

1. Create an On My Mac calendar File> New Calendar> On My Mac

2. Turn off all of the calendars except the one you are trying to move from iCloud by unchecking them

3. Highlight one of the events on the calendar and select File> Select All (This selects all of the events)

4. Right click (Control+Click) on one of the selected events, from the menu chose Calendar> On My Mac

This will move all of the events from your selected iCloud calendar to you new On My Mac Calendar

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2017 2:41 PM in response to volkswagner

1. Create an On My Mac calendar File> New Calendar> On My Mac

2. Turn off all of the calendars except the one you are trying to move from iCloud by unchecking them

3. Highlight one of the events on the calendar and select File> Select All (This selects all of the events)

4. Right click (Control+Click) on one of the selected events, from the menu chose Calendar> On My Mac

This will move all of the events from your selected iCloud calendar to you new On My Mac Calendar

May 13, 2013 12:49 PM in response to corinatruth

Hi,

How you do this varies a bit depending on whether you can see the 'On My Mac' calendar section in the Calendar application.

1. In Calendar.app select the calendar you want to move. and go to File>Export>Export...
  2. Save the .ics file to your Desktop.
  3. If you cannot see 'On My Mac' calendar section unsync from iCloud.
  4. Make a new calendar from File>New Calendar>On My Mac, and name it.
  5. In the Finder open hte saved .ics file.
  6. When prompted select the new calendar you made in point 4.
  7. Repeat for all calendars you want to be local to your Mac.
  8. Once you are happy hte data is in the new calendars delete the iCloud ones.

Best wishes

John M

May 18, 2014 12:48 PM in response to John Maisey

Hi,

Thanks for these instructions. I have the same problem but unfortunately I haven't gotten this to work for me.

The problem is sort of in step 3: in order to see "on my mac", I need to unsync from icloud. So I do that, then create my new calendars, then merge the exported ICS files into these newly-created calendars... so far so good. However, the second I re-sync with icloud (in order to see the remaining calendars that I didn't export), Apple sponges all of my local calendars onto iCloud and then deletes the local copies, undoing all of my work. (And then "on my mac" disappears because there are no local calendars anymore.)

Any ideas how to solve this?

Many thanks!

May 19, 2014 5:35 AM in response to Mike G.

One way to clear everything is to go to www.icloud.com and delete the calendars in the cloud.Then unsync all your devices from the cloud.

Delete all the calendars in all the devices except for the one device which has the calendars you wnat to keep.

Now sync that device to the cloud and those calendars will transfer to the cloud. Then sync everyone of your devices back to the cloud (calendars) and all your calendars are now insync.

After struggling for months how to use the cloud I finally learned how to manage the files in the cloud (via the icloud website) and that did the trick. I use the cloud for my calendars and contacts and have no more problems with duplications.

May 19, 2014 9:22 AM in response to Vicitar

Hi,

Thanks, but I think that solves a different problem than the one I have.

Basically, I'm trying to move a few calendars off iCloud to my computer, while keeping the rest in iCloud. (These are older calendars that don't need to be synched with my other devices, but I'd rather not lose them altogether.) I was hoping I could do something to analysis to what's availabile in mail (i.e., have messages on my IMAP/icloud accounts plus several folders "on my mac").

-Mike

Jul 6, 2015 8:13 PM in response to Mike G.

I know this is an old thread.

I'd really like to convert or move from iCloud calendar to a local calendar.

I'm aware of local app and web export methods. The problem I'm having is

using export on iCal application does not retain file attachments (same is true if using iCloud web solution of public share calendar and import via url).

If I do an export as archive, restoring the backup file simply recreates iCloud calendars.

Does anyone have a way to export and keep file attachments, or a simple way to actually convert iCloud calendar

to a local calendar.

how do i move calendars off iCloud onto my mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.