Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quality and Volume loss when when exporting mixdown from Garageband to iTunes SOLVED!!!

This is a simple work-around, but after experiencing the same frustration of others and reading a multitude of discussions with no real solution, this is what I have found: "save file to disc". This saves the song to a location you designate on your Mac as a .AIF file which is basically like a .wav, with NO added compression and NO volume "normlizing". In other words, it pretty much sounds like what you hear when you listen to your project in garageband! Granted, it does take up considerable memory- in my case a 5.5 min song was nearly 90Mb. After the export, open a "Finder" window, locate the file, and open it; it will automatically open in iTunes. Now in iTunes at full quality, you can right-click the song and "make mp3 version". Once created, I admit the mp3 did have a few places where the bass "peaked-out", and it took several reps of going back to my gb project to adjust the volumes down at just the problem areas on those tracks where the bass was peaking, but after a handful of times I had it! And no arbitrary volume loss imposed by gb! I'm telling you, it's the closest you can get your export to the original project!

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.3, GarageBand App No Low Frequency

Posted on May 13, 2013 12:54 PM

10 replies

May 14, 2013 5:17 AM in response to Christoph Drösser

Thanks - this may save me a step (not having to go to "finder" to open in iTunes), so i will try it! I honestly never tried selecting "uncompressed" under exporting to iTunes in Garageband. So I could export uncompressed that way and them "create mp3 version" once in iTunes. I will try it! One things for sure, "creating mp3 version" while in iTunes yields WAY DIFFERENT results than any of the compressed options in gb!

Aug 14, 2013 1:01 PM in response to therickfam

Very good information, HOWEVER, I didn't have the same experience. I followed all of the same steps. For some reason I don't have the option of checking a compressed or uncompressed box. Mine gives me one option that says "Compressing to: ACC or MP3. I've looked everywhere to find an uncompressed option. I have a MacBook Pro, Garageband 11 version 6.0.5. Is there something that I'm missing?

Aug 16, 2013 2:30 PM in response to Christoph Drösser

I understand. Here is the reason that I choose "Podcast." I am taking pre-recorded songs from my itunes, editing and extending them for my classes. When I start with a new project, these are my options : Piano, Guitar, Voice, etc... If I'm not mistaking, Podcast is the only option that allows me to access itunes to drag and drop a song into my project. Is there a better option than how I'm doing it? Thanks

Aug 16, 2013 3:48 PM in response to Bruce Smith

. If I'm not mistaking, Podcast is the only option that allows me to access itunes to drag and drop a song into my project.

Any GarageBand project will allow you to access iTunes from the Media Browser, Bruce: Click the Media Button in the lower right corner of the iTunes window and open the Audio tab, then scroll down to iTunes.

User uploaded file

Regards

Léonie

Quality and Volume loss when when exporting mixdown from Garageband to iTunes SOLVED!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.