Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facebook thinks Safari is mobile device

My friend and are are both using Safari to view Facebook. Mine looks fine, but Facebook thinks his browser is an iPhone. It's very irritating and I can't figure out how to reset it.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), iPad, iPhone 4, BlackBook, iPod

Posted on May 13, 2013 12:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2017 4:18 PM

This worked for me,

"Goto www.facebook.com/home.php in your URL box once the loading has been completed, you will be automatically redirected yo Facebook desktop version"

Then bookmark that and delete your old bookmark that goes to the mobile version.

13 replies

May 13, 2013 3:12 PM in response to TonyInSF

Triple-click the line below to select it:

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Safari.plist

Right-click or control-click the highlighted line and select

Services Show Info

from the contextual menu.* An Info dialog should open.

• Does the dialog show "You can read and write" in the Sharing & Permissions section?
  • In the General section, is the box labeled Locked checked?
  • What is the Modified date?
*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard ( command-C). Open a TextEdit window and paste into it ( command-V). Select the line you just pasted and continue as above.

May 22, 2014 12:38 PM in response to TonyInSF

Hi guys, I have a very similar situation, but I'm not on a Mac I am on an iPad.

So I used to use Facebook as the browser version on safari just fine (because I don't like the app version at all) and today for some reason, when I log in to Facebook with safari as the browser version, it shows me the version as if it here an app version. Please help me figure this out.. Thank guys.

May 22, 2014 12:42 PM in response to Linc Davis

Hi guys, I have a very similar situation, but I'm not on a Mac I am on an iPad.

So I used to use Facebook as the browser version on safari just fine (because I don't like the app version at all) and today for some reason, when I log in to Facebook with safari as the browser version, it shows me the version as if it here an app version. Please help me figure this out.. Thank guys.

Facebook thinks Safari is mobile device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.