Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Would Apple still be willing to replace my iPhone 5?

Hi,

I purchased an iPhone 5 back in February from an Apple store. Worked absolutely fine until now, where some software issue are appearing; The battery drains ridiculously fast even when features are disabled (i.e. location services, 3G when not needed), and also the home button some time has a lag when exiting apps.

This has been bothering me now, but there is a slight blemish on the phone near the earphone jack... would Apple dismiss a replacement and ask for a charge, even though it's 3 months old?

User uploaded file

Posted on May 13, 2013 12:56 PM

3 replies

May 13, 2013 1:06 PM in response to iZaine

In case of the damage.

If it is only the damage by the headphone plug, Apple can make a exception.

Your problem with the battery, is becoming a big problem for Apple, because a lot of the iPhone 5 models has bad battery;s.

I say go with this phone to the official Apple Store and tell thim exactly and honest what's the problem.

In your case I give you more than 50% chance that they replace the Phone, because the damage on the headphone is not related to battery problem.

I have now my 5th iPhone 5 white 32GB. First three iPhone's had battery issues and the 4th problems with tril function. In 6 months! But okay, i love Apple. Bad luck ;-)

Would Apple still be willing to replace my iPhone 5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.