Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will not sync

I used my iPod as an external drive however now it will not sync to my new itunes. All the music is there on the iTunes it just will not sync, What should I do?

Posted on May 13, 2013 5:54 PM

1 reply

May 16, 2013 1:56 PM in response to jjp1329

Hi jjp1329,

It sounds like you've done a good job so far. I found the following information about using an iPod to transfer your music library:

How to use your iPod to move your music to a new computer

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1329

Switch the iPod back to automatic update

To set up your iPod to be updated with all your music from iTunes on your new computer:

- Open iTunes.

- Select iPod on the left side of the iTunes window and click the Music tab in the iPod Settings.

- Click the “Sync music” option, and the “All songs and playlists” option. An alert message appears: "Are you sure you want to enable automatic updating? All existing songs and playlist on the iPod "ipod name" will be replaced with songs and playlists from the iTunes music library."

Optional: Uncheck the Enable disk use checkbox in the Summary tab if you don't want to use the iPod as a disk. If you leave this option checked you need to eject your iPod from iTunes before you disconnect the iPod from your computer.

- Click Apply.

Thanks,

Matt M.

Will not sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.