Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPX and Slow Motion

Hi All,

Ive recently been trying out slow motion on FCPX. Whenever I do so, during playback I get the message "Video Frames were dropped during playback". It also says "To improve performance do the following:" But there are no instructions after that.

I also dropped a load of $$$ on Twixtor and the same problem occurs during playback.

Im running:

Macbook Pro Retina 15"

16GB RAM

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), 16GB RAM, 2.7GHz i7

Posted on May 13, 2013 10:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2013 11:20 PM

To get a feel for your problem we will need to know;

1. the format of your project, including what codec you are rendering to;
  2. the format of your vision;
  3. also if your Event and Project are on your internal HDD or an external HDD and how the external is connected to your Mac.
  4. How much free space is on the drive;
  5. You might also check the speed of your drive using the Blackmagic Speed Test app, this will tell you what video your drive is capable of playing back.

https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/blackmagic-disk-speed-test/id425264550?mt=12

Tony

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2013 11:20 PM in response to funkcanna

To get a feel for your problem we will need to know;

1. the format of your project, including what codec you are rendering to;
  2. the format of your vision;
  3. also if your Event and Project are on your internal HDD or an external HDD and how the external is connected to your Mac.
  4. How much free space is on the drive;
  5. You might also check the speed of your drive using the Blackmagic Speed Test app, this will tell you what video your drive is capable of playing back.

https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/blackmagic-disk-speed-test/id425264550?mt=12

Tony

FCPX and Slow Motion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.