Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hidden files on my USB

Hello, my university has a bug called houdinni which hides the file on your USB, not delete them , just hides it... On Windows is very easy to see them again as you just need to open the properties from the USB and click "Show hiden files" but on mac no one knoes how to do it.. Is there any way on mac to access to the hidden files on the USB? Thanks a lot

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)

Posted on May 13, 2013 11:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 6:34 AM

When I was having the same problem, I solved it with the shortcut given in that address. I hope you will also benefit.

https://www.knowerstech.com/usb-memory-full-but-seems-empty-how-to-open-unseen-f iles-in-flash-memory-how-to-open-the-hidden-files-in-a-usb-pen-drive/

3 replies

May 14, 2013 12:13 AM in response to leostardust

Try this terminal command to show all hidden files on mac os x.

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles -bool true

This will show all files on and drive connected to the system. To turn that off, if you want to after you find what you ar looking for, replace the true with false. Restart the system after you do that command or type in killall Finder in the terminal window and hit the enter/return key after those commands.

hidden files on my USB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.