Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Capsule finally installed, not working properly

Finally I managed to set up my Time Capsule (original I had an Airport extreme and a LaCie BackUp), I was able to set up my Fam Tschopp Network and a guest network, I did also run a back up of my laptop data (still oustanding the back up of my husbands Mac).

But since I am on the new WiFI connection with my AirportExtreme/Time Capsule I loose connections as soon as my aupair wants to join the network as well - regardless if she chooses Fam Tschopp WLAN Network or the Guest Network.

a) what is wrong? how can I add my aupairs Window laptop to the WLAN in the house?

b) how can I change the password on Fam Tschopp Wlan (as I gave it to too many people in my old set up) to ensure all besides family members log into the Guest Network

c) I need to amplify the WLAN signals, how to I get my other Airport Extreme devices to be seen in the new setup and work?

d) how to I manage the backup set up on the Time Capsule so it saves my apple laptop data and the Mac of my husband as 2 different things...

Ponidini - if you read did - Switzerland did not die, I was just busy managing my company and my 4 kids, so I postponned my IT issues rather extremely long....

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on May 14, 2013 12:32 AM

2 replies

May 14, 2013 1:05 AM in response to GeryAT

a) what is wrong? how can I add my aupairs Window laptop to the WLAN in the house?

When you try to connect the Windows computer do you get an error message? Try restarting your Windows computer. If you are still having problem restart your Time Capsule.

b) how can I change the password on Fam Tschopp Wlan

You will need to launch Airport Utility to change all setting on both the Time Capsule and the Airport Extreme.

c) I need to amplify the WLAN signals, how to I get my other Airport Extreme devices to be seen in the new setup and work?

You will need to launch Airport Utility to change all setting on both the Time Capsule and the Airport Extreme.

d) how to I manage the backup set up on the Time Capsule so it saves my apple laptop data and the Mac of my husband as 2 different things...

You will need to go into your Time Machine settings and select the Time Capsule's hard drvie as your backup source.

Time Capsule Manual, Time Machine Basics

Time Capsule finally installed, not working properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.