Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I wipe my iPad mini to ensure all personal data is removed?

I am upgrading to another iPad Mini.

How do I completely erase / wipe all my data from the existing iPad Mini ?

iPad Mini-OTHER

Posted on May 14, 2013 6:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2013 6:48 AM

Settings>General>Reset>Erase all content and settings

5 replies

Dec 7, 2013 1:30 PM in response to Diavonex

Yes but...I just bought an ipad mini +retina display returned to the shop because the guy wanted a 128GB instead, It presented me with the Hello setup screen and I went through that process. But it never accepted my Apple ID password ( correct). Eventually I plugged it into the imac and opened itunes. It said it was Peter Walkers' ipad! No way, how way? reset not worked?

I did a reset again on the ipad ( not in itunes) and it is now nobody's. so I hope it's genuinely clean now. How to trust it?

Feb 20, 2014 7:40 AM in response to Blackcurrant

Before you resell or donate your old iPad, the first thing to do is erasing iPad data permanently before selling,includingthe personal data on it.The data eraser tool is a smart tool which wipe your iPad personal data permanently. Nothing recoverable.

How to Erase iPad data permanently before selling?

Step 1. Run the program and connect your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch

Step 2. Choose a type of data erasing

Step 3. Start to erase all data on your device now

Note: Please don’t disconnect your device during the process. Or data on your device will not be completely erased.

How do I wipe my iPad mini to ensure all personal data is removed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.