Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to Edit photos

iPhoto 9.4.3, OSX 10.8.3 iMac

All of a sudden I am unable to edit any one photo in my library - usual execution is double click on a photo to bring up the editor - do that and I get a great big

exclaimation mark, no expanded photo, no editing tools - nothing. I can only view the thumbnails within each Event etc.

Have imported library from backup - same thing happens

Have restored permissions, thumbnails, database etc nothing happening, same old exclaimation mark.

Obviously I'm thinking, ok what have I done to make this happen, and for the life of me I cannot think of anything,

Any ideas anyone - please.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on May 14, 2013 8:28 AM

3 replies

May 14, 2013 8:54 AM in response to sprayman

Have imported library from backup - same thing happens

Note sure what you did but you must never IMPORT an iPhoto library into an iPhoto library - you restore backups - you do not import them

The ! indicates that iPhoto has lost the link to the original photo - you could cause that by messing around in the iPhoto library or it can be caused by corruption

Have restored permissions, thumbnails, database etc nothing happening, same old exclaimation mark.

Again not sure what you did - you can not restore those - I'm assuming thatyou depressied the option and command keys and launched iPhoto and rebuilt the database and thrumbnails

If none of those worked and you have not deleted anything then download iPhoto Library Manager - http://www.fatcatsoftware.com/iplm/ - and use it's rebuild command ot create a new library - that should resolve but if it does not you will still have your current library to go back to

LN

May 14, 2013 9:21 AM in response to sprayman

Try this:

Using iPhoto Library Manager to Rebuild Your iPhoto Library

• Download iPhoto Library Manager and launch.
  • Click on the Add Library button,

User uploaded file

navigate to your Home/Pictures folder and select your iPhoto Library folder.

• Now that the library is listed in the left hand pane of iPLM, click on your library and go to the Library ➙ Rebuild Library menu option

User uploaded file

• In the next window name the new library and select the location you want it to be placed.
  • Click on the Create button.

• Note: This creates a new library based on the LIbraryData.xml file in the library and will recover Events, Albums, keywords, titles and comments. However, books, calendars, cards and slideshows will be lost.

Note: your current library will be left untouched for further attempts at a fix if so desired.

OT

Unable to Edit photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
    A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.