Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Focus loss when deleting files in Finder

Using a iMac5,1 recently upgraded to Lion (latest version).

After upgrading, I started seeing a peculiar behaviour. I often view a file list in Finder, scroll down the list and delete a file. When I ran Snow Leopard (or Leopard or Tiger), the focus would then go to the next file in the list. This is what I want, as I often clean up folders this way, scrolling down a long file list, especially with photos.

However, now with Lion, what happens after a delete a file is that the focus goes to the Folder name, so that to continue scrolling down the file list means finding my place in the file list again. This is quite tedious with a long list. I suspect some viewing option was changed going from Snow Leopard to Lion but I don't know what it is. A google or help communities search did not find anything.

I can't be the only one having this problem, can I?

Thanks

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5), Finder

Posted on May 14, 2013 10:55 AM

There are no replies.

Focus loss when deleting files in Finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.