Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't my software update?

today is May 14th, 2013, and there is a new update called Thunderbolt firmware update 1.2. I updated it 3 times now and it won't go away. i can't go to the app store without it telling me that i need to update it. is it a glitch or am i doing something wrong?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on May 14, 2013 10:57 AM

5 replies

May 14, 2013 1:20 PM in response to Armadilio

Make sure you have AC power connected, and for extra care, make sure you don't have any devices connected to your ThunderBolt bus.

When I first tried to install the update, I had forgotten that I still had my ThunderBolt HD attached, and the update didn't install. I unplugged the external HD, and the update installed with no issues.

Nov 18, 2014 6:15 AM in response to Armadilio

I have the same problem. I followed directions carefully according to the Apple Support bulletin. I disconnected all items from the Macbook Pro I had connected to the Thunderbolt display, ran the installer and restarted. Even so, I get the message it did not install after running the install. However upon checking in the System Report I find that it did install! At first the Software update seems to have worked but later when it checks for new updates it says I need to update again. How do I make this go away!

Why won't my software update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.