Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having trouble with two-step verification?

Hi,

I just clicked two-step verification when I was managing my Apple ID, and they told me two wait three days. When the wait was over I checked and there was nothing. I checked the FAQ and there is nothing. I do not know what to do from here. Please tell me. Thank you.😎 If you need more info, tell me and I will add some. I have an iDevice if that info is relevant.

-Bobby

Posted on May 14, 2013 3:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2013 12:11 PM

Hi Les,

If you've been asked to wait, I would try going back through the process to start two-step verification as described here:

Apple ID: Frequently asked questions about two-step verification for Apple ID

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5570

Set up two-step verification at My Apple ID (appleid.apple.com):

1. Select "Manage your Apple ID" and sign in.
  2. Select "Password and Security."
  3. Under Two-Step Verification, select Get Startedand follow the onscreen instructions.

That article also explains why you had to wait, in case you were at all curious:

Why was I asked to wait before setting up two-step verification?

As a basic security measure, Apple does not allow two-step verification setup to proceed if any significant changes have recently been made to your account information. Significant changes can include a password reset or new security questions. This waiting period helps Apple ensure that you are the only person accessing or modifying your account. While you are in this waiting period, you can continue using your account as usual with all Apple services and stores.

Apple will send an email to all the addresses you have on file notifying you of the waiting period and encouraging you to contact Apple Support if you think that someone else has unauthorized access to your account. You will be able to return to set up two-step verification after the date listed on your Apple ID account page and in the email that you receive.

Note: When your waiting period is over, you will have 30 days to complete two-step verification setup. If you attempt to complete setup after 30 days have passed or if you have made significant changes to your account during that time, another waiting period may be triggered.

Take care, Les!

- Ari

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2013 12:11 PM in response to Les Moore

Hi Les,

If you've been asked to wait, I would try going back through the process to start two-step verification as described here:

Apple ID: Frequently asked questions about two-step verification for Apple ID

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5570

Set up two-step verification at My Apple ID (appleid.apple.com):

1. Select "Manage your Apple ID" and sign in.
  2. Select "Password and Security."
  3. Under Two-Step Verification, select Get Startedand follow the onscreen instructions.

That article also explains why you had to wait, in case you were at all curious:

Why was I asked to wait before setting up two-step verification?

As a basic security measure, Apple does not allow two-step verification setup to proceed if any significant changes have recently been made to your account information. Significant changes can include a password reset or new security questions. This waiting period helps Apple ensure that you are the only person accessing or modifying your account. While you are in this waiting period, you can continue using your account as usual with all Apple services and stores.

Apple will send an email to all the addresses you have on file notifying you of the waiting period and encouraging you to contact Apple Support if you think that someone else has unauthorized access to your account. You will be able to return to set up two-step verification after the date listed on your Apple ID account page and in the email that you receive.

Note: When your waiting period is over, you will have 30 days to complete two-step verification setup. If you attempt to complete setup after 30 days have passed or if you have made significant changes to your account during that time, another waiting period may be triggered.

Take care, Les!

- Ari

Having trouble with two-step verification?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.