Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 4s keeps restarting when I try to update an app

When I've tried to update pretty much the majority of the apps I've downloaded (such as Facebook, Fandango, Google, etc.), the phone will get about 80% through the installation and then abruptly turns off and starts up again. Repeat it then... picks up installin the app, and then it conks out and restarts. It will continue to do this indefinitely. To interrupt this, I've quickly had to DELETE the app before it could get to the point in its installation where it causes the phone to lose conciousness.

I've basically had to reinstall these more important apps through iTunes. All of this instability seems to have started after installing iO 6.1. I am currently running iO 6.1.3.

Is there anything I can safely do to remedy this?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on May 14, 2013 2:13 PM

There are no replies.

iphone 4s keeps restarting when I try to update an app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.