Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto themes

I cannot print pictures from iPhoto

There is an error that the Themes are missing!

iWork.com-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on May 14, 2013 2:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2013 2:46 PM

The themes will be installed, when you install iPhoto. If they went missing, reinstall iPhoto.

See: Re: How do I "install" iPhoto themes?

8 replies

Feb 8, 2016 6:05 PM in response to léonie

Your answer to recovering the 'Themes' in iPhoto is to simply say 'reinstall iPhoto !!!

Given that it came with the computer when I brought it and was there from the moment I turned it on ...

I have absolutely NO IDEA of how to 'reinstall iPhoto'.

Would you be so kind as to guide this old fella through the process … preferably in plain language.

Sincerely ...

David Hensler

Hobart, Australia

Feb 8, 2016 10:52 PM in response to BareenaRoad

What version of iPhoto? What version of the OS?

To re-install iPhoto

1. Put the iPhoto.app in the trash (Drag it from your Applications Folder to the trash)

2. Download it from the App Store to reinstall It's on your Purchases List* there.

For older versions that have been installed from Disk you'll need these additional steps:

2a: On 10.5: Go to HD/Library/Receipts and remove any pkg file there with iPhoto in the name.

2b: On 10.6: Those receipts may be found as follows: In the Finder use the Go menu and select Go To Folder. In the resulting window type

/var/db/receipts/

2c: on 10.7 or later they're at

/private/var/db/receipts

A Finder Window will open at that location and you can remove the iPhoto pkg files.

3. Re-install.

If you purchased an iLife Disk, then iPhoto is on it.

If iPhoto was installed on your Mac when you go it then it’s on the System Restore disks that came with your Mac. Insert the first one and opt to ‘Install Bundled Applications Only.

*Sometimes iPhoto is not visible on the Purchases List. it may be hidden. See this article for details on how to unhide it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4928

One question often asked: Will I lose my Photos if I reinstall?

iPhoto the application and the iPhoto Library are two different parts of the iPhoto programme. So, reinstalling the app should not affect the Library. BUT you should always have a back up before doing this kind of work. Always.

Feb 10, 2016 5:35 PM in response to Old Toad

Well as they say …'the plot thickens'. I awoke this morning after having had a bit of a 'battle' with my Mac about something as simple as shutting down.

It decided all on its own to 'import photos' from heaven knows where and I simply could NOT get the process to stop.

Finally I simply shut the beast off and went to bed. Awoke this morning to find the machine had started up upon my departure and through the night had 'imported' God knows how many photos … from where???

NOW when I right click on the iPhoto icon the 'pop-up' that appears announces that I now have S E V E N (7) iPhoto Libraries.

Is this a case of the machines finally awakening whilst we sleep ansd taking over ???

And this is a technology that is SUPPOSED to be making like easier ???

God help us all.

iphoto themes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.