Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone updated to 6.1.4 and now have bad signal... Help?

I updated my iPhone 5 software to iOS 6.1.4 and now I always have really bad signal but before I always had a really good signal wherever I was! Has updating it caused this or is it to do with my network provider? My apps that require Internet such as Netflixs just keep trying to load and safari takes so long to load up a page, I don't seem to have any problem with calls and my texts sometimes come through late or fail to retrieve or send. I always used to have full strength signal at home but now however I have 1 bar as soon as I updated it.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4, Network EE

Posted on May 14, 2013 3:29 PM

1 reply

May 16, 2013 12:32 PM in response to Kal94G

Hello Kal94G,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. It is very hard to use an iPhone with a poor Internet connection, so I understand your concern. I found an article that provides steps to troubleshoot your connection on your iPhone:

iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1398

You can look at the section "After joining a Wi-Fi network, you notice the signal strength is weak or fluctuates," which may help a little, but you might have better luck with the section called, "If you are unable to access the Internet while connected to a Wi-Fi network."

I hope this gets you back on track!

Best,

Sheila M.

iPhone updated to 6.1.4 and now have bad signal... Help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.