Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong name when sending ICal event invites

My dad just started using ICal for his business. He created an event in his calendar and 'invited' a colleague of his. However, when his colleague received the invite the name on it was mine with my dad's email between brackets.

He is using a brand new computer which I have never even touched. It should have none of my info even on it. In his Contacts, his name is the Me card and the account he is using to mail the invite from is also under his name.

We tried deleting my card from his contacts, but it was still being send from my name.

How does he change the name on the invite to his so people can see where the invites are really coming from? Could this be related to ICloud?

Please let me know if you need further info because this is the best way I can explain this problem and I can't seem to find an answer anywhere.

Mail-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on May 14, 2013 2:59 PM

2 replies

Wrong name when sending ICal event invites

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.