Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I receive the message " no data received from server"

I had Uverse installed for internet last week. Since that time, I have been unable to log onto my school's website for students. I get the message' " no data received from server" after a period of time. I am not sure if the two issues are connected. I can get into my school's public website but not the secure website to access Blackboard or emails. I have talked to AT& T and the school's IT dept with no luck with either. the IT tech for school suggested I contact Apple. Are there others who have this experience, not with a school's website but a secure one?

Thanks

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.7), mid 2011 model

Posted on May 14, 2013 6:03 PM

1 reply

May 15, 2013 12:14 PM in response to jerod-69

Open System Preferences>Network>Configure>Proxies Tab, make sure none are set, like for HTTPS to use at Home, if you use it at 2 locations, just make a New Location for home.

10.5/10.6 instructions, System Preferences>choose interface>Advanced>Proxies Tab, make sure none are set, like for HTTPS.

Also, if using a managed account & not an admin account, you likely won't get to any HTTPS site, but you're here, so that's not likely it.

I receive the message " no data received from server"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.