Force iPod into Recovery Mode. The iPod will be restored to Factory Default. Data will be lost if you do not have backup.
1. Turn off iPod
2. Connect USB cable to computer; leave the other end alone
3. Press and hold the Home button down and connect the docking end of cable to iPod
4. Continue holding the Home button until you see the "Connect To iTune" screen
5. Release the Home button
6. Open iTune (make sure you have the newest version of iTune)
7. You should see "iTunes has detected an iPod in recovery mode"
8. Use iTune to restore iPod
Message was edited by: Diavonex
- Restore from a backup that was make before you added the Restrictions passcode. If you restore from a backup made with the Restrictions passcode the Restrictions passcode is also restored.
- Restore to factory settings/new iPod.
- If you are up to file manipulation see:
Likely not reason to place in recovery mode in order to restore.