Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to locate ipod with serial number

i bought a new ipod and before i got to register it, it was stolen. can i locate it with just the serial number?

iPod touch

Posted on May 14, 2013 11:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2013 12:03 AM

You really have luck.

You can't track down an iPod with a serial number only. Especially when it's not even activated.

13 replies

May 15, 2013 5:38 AM in response to t.carr

If your iTouch is running on your apple id and have iCloud and the Find my iPhone activiate, you shouldn't have any problem locating an iTouch. Use the find my iphone app on a different iOS device (running on your apple id) or go to icloud.com and use the find my iphone app on there. and Yes, change all passwords used on that iDevice.

If none is active, then follow through this: Reporting a lost or stolen Apple product - Support - Apple

Apple won't do anything without a court order.

Feb 23, 2014 5:36 PM in response to 9josh.11.l0

No. The SN will only help identify the iPod as yours IF it is recovered.

- If you previously turned on FIndMyiPod on the iPod in Settings>iCloud and wifi is on and connected go to iCloud: Find My iPhone, sign in and go to FIndMyiPhone. If the iPod has been restored it will never show up.

iCloud: Find My iPhone

- You can also wipe/erase the iPod and have the iPod play a sound via iCloud.

and go to FIndMyiPhone. If the iPod has been restored it will never show up.

iCloud: Find My iPhone

- You can also wipe/erase the iPod and have the iPod play a sound via iCloud.

- If not shown, then you will have to use the old fashioned way, like if you lost a wallet or purse.
- Change the passwords for all accounts used on the iPod and report to police

- There is no way to prevent someone from restoring the iPod (it erases it) using it unless you had iOS 7 on the device. With iOS 7, one has to enter the Apple ID and password to restore the device.

- Apple will do nothing without a court order

Reporting a lost or stolen Apple product

- iOS: How to find the serial number, IMEI, MEID, CDN, and ICCID number

how to locate ipod with serial number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.