if VoiceOver is on and you want to turn it off from the device instead of from iTunes, remember that a double-tap acts like a single tap and you need to use three fingers to scroll when VoiceOver is on:
Tap Settings. Then double-tap Settings.
Tap General. Then double-tap General.
Use three fingers on the screen to scroll to Accessibility.
Tap Accessibility. Then double-tap Accessibility.
Tap VoiceOver. Then double-tap VoiceOver.
If the above doesn't work, try this:
Turn off VoiceOver
1. Press the Home button
2. Tap Settings.
3. Then double-tap Settings.
4. Tap General.
5. Then double-tap General.
6. Use three fingers on the screen to scroll to Accessibility
7. Tap Accessibility.
8. Then double-tap Accessibility
9. Tap VoiceOver
10. Then double-tap VoiceOver.
11. Tap "On" next to VoiceOver
12. Then double-tap "On" to turn it off.